Sunday, February 6, 2011

Let them eat cake!




It's been SO long since I've done anything creative lately...just have lost my groove. So the opportunity came up to make a cake for my friend's 40th birthday, I decided to try something I have yet to venture...#1 using fondant...#2 a topsy turvy cake!

After a few hours of researding online, thank goodness for youtube...I decided topsy turvy it would be...but only venturing on 2 layers...didn't have enough pans for more! I KNOW you should do things in odd numbers, and it would have been way better with 3 layers...but it turned out pretty good for my first try! AND it tasted fabulous! Marshmallow fondant is the WAY to go! Nummy! The balls around the bottom were last minute...I didn't have enough buttercream to make a nice border and it needed something...kinda reminds me of a Flintstone cake lol! The dots were brown and pink...not sure why they are turning up funky colors!

Now...what will I try next time...



No comments: