Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Amazing concert...

I went to see Reba McIntire in about 1994 I think...when I lived in Calgary. I should rephrase that...I went to see John Michael Montgomery who was opening for Reba lol! I wasn't really a fan of Reba at the time, but LOVED John! I had 10th row tickets on the floor. John actually wasn't the best live...but REBA! OMG! I can't believe I had such great seats! Everyone of her songs she performed...I mean she performed! Like she was doing a music video to each song! It wasn't a concert, it was a broadway show! Amazing lady! Immediately...I became a fan!

I didn't know this song when I went to the concert. The crowd was silent through the whole song...I cried, I'm sure everyone cried...it was amazing...maybe you haven't heard it before...you need to read the lyrics...I still tear up when I hear this song!! Imagine, 1000's of people, silent...listening to this song...

Everyone has someone in their life that they regret not telling them you love them enough, for me, Papa Joe...I hope he knew...

The greatest man I never knew
Lived just down the hall
And everyday we said hello
But never touched at all
He was in his paper
I was in my room
How was I to know he thought I hung the moon

The greatest man I never knew
Came home late every night
He never had too much to say
Too much was on his mind
I never really knew him
And now it seems so sad
Everything he gave to us took all he had

Then the days turned into years
And the memories to black and white
He grew cold like an old winter wind
Blowing across my life

The greatest words I never heard
I guess I`ll never hear
The man I thought could never die
S`been dead almost a year
He was good at business
But there was business left to do
He never said he loved me
Guess he thought I knew






No comments: